[clug] Vaguely off topic: iPeds and other Android tablets - availability and comparisons to that Apple one

David Austin david at d-austin.net
Thu Aug 5 05:10:11 MDT 2010

> Apple don't do innovation because they're not a tech company. They are a
> marketing company and they do very sleek marketing. Their devices suck
> for lots of reasons, their marketing is irrefutably very successful.

Undeniably Apple is great at marketing - though I think it's a little
unfair to overlook other positives.  Their devices are (usually)
mechanically well put together and offer a limited (read
mainstream) feature set.  So if you're a cashed up and slightly
technically naive user (*cough* lawyer *cough*) then Apple products suit
you.  Nothing wrong with that (well except for the lawyer part).

However if you know a little more than the average about
technology then Apple is not for you.

David