[clug] Vaguely off topic: iPeds and other Android tablets - availability and comparisons to that Apple one

jeff jeffm at ghostgun.com
Wed Aug 4 17:33:04 MDT 2010

  On 5/08/10 8:48 AM, Alex Satrapa wrote:

> Also be aware that the only way of producing apps for the iPad is to get XCode and a Apple Developer Connection account - publishing to the iTunes store will cost you $99pa as a form of "club membership".

I've been wondering if this will stop it being used in some
environments. For example, a company would like to use it to replace the
stereotypical clipboard, but needs to use an in-house app that is they
don't want anyone else to have access to. Further, it has to operate in
a disconnected mode either to keep costs down by elminating the 3G modem
and associated running costs, security concerns, or no mobile phone
reception in the area it will be used. The could be "fleet deals" being
missed here due to the enforce "thou shall develop through us" model.

Jeff.