[clug] Vaguely off topic: iPeds and other Android tablets - availability and comparisons to that Apple one

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Wed Aug 4 00:18:38 MDT 2010

Here comes the cat...

On 04/08/2010, at 2:43 PM, Angus Gratton wrote:

> So "some hackery" can easily end up meaning "porting Linux and then
> Android to the platform from scratch".
>
> - Angus

So it might be worth buyin an iPad and various peripherals such as USB connectors and such...to get something that actually works out of the box, and works well?

It would take me at least two weeks (FTE) to figure out how to port a GNU/Linux to an iPed, get it right, fiddle with Android, set it up...and then add the cost of the hardware...and I may as well have paid Apple to give me a device that just, well, works :)

...here come the pigeons!

DSL