[clug] Vaguely off topic: iPeds and other Android tablets - availability and comparisons to that Apple one

Alastair D'Silva alastair at newmillennium.net.au
Tue Aug 3 22:17:27 MDT 2010

<snip>

> Alastair will probably post as well, he has a Smart Devices SmartQ tablet
that
> seems to have better build quality than my Eken, although still not a lot
of
> after-sales support or GPL compliance.

I would, but you have about summed it up :)

The screen is nice and crisp, and the machine is quite usable under Android
now that 2.1 has been released for it. The touchscreen is resistive, not
multitouch, and doesn't feel quite as responsive as the capacitive screens
used on other devices.

I'm now hanging out for the Viliv X10 - 10" Android tablet with a 1366x768
screen.

--
Alastair D'Silva           mob: 0423 762 819
Networking Consultant      fax: 0413 181 661
skype: alastair_dsilva     msn: alastair at d-silva.org
blog: http://alastair.d-silva.org