[clug] Vaguely off topic: iPeds and other Android tablets - availability and comparisons to that Apple one

Andrew Boyd facibus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 22:14:49 MDT 2010

Hi Angus,

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Angus Gratton <gus at projectgus.com> wrote:
> I've been interested in these as well. I have a similar device, an Eken
> M001 7" tablet that I got from Dealextreme. Small review, with some iPad
> comparison drawn, here:
> http://projectgus.com/2010/06/eken-m001-android-tablet-review-pt-1/
> The "best" (stressing the air quotes) resource I've found for these
> devices is the slatedroid forums, http://slatedroid.com/ .

Excellent! This is just the information I was after, thank you.
slatedroid wiki will be a very useful comparison point once it is
fleshed out a little (and I know that I can help with this).

>> I've played with
>> a few iPads - the "is it three times better than an iPed for three
>> times the money?" question is bugging me
>
> The difference seems to be determined by: what do you want it for?

Games, casual web browsing, social media, the odd presentation.

> Hth.

It has. Thanks once again.

Best regards, Andrew

--