[clug] Vaguely off topic: iPeds and other Android tablets - availability and comparisons to that Apple one

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 21:45:31 MDT 2010

c'mon... the dealbreaker is, it is closed and doesn't run linux  :)

doesn't have microSD memory card slot either.  and requires iTunes
(ptui!).  and they don't give you access to a directory structure and
the ability to create stuff and move it aound... and...

but having said that, it is a nice package and they are a lot of fun
to play with...

jim

heard the other day that someone had jailbroken on and put android on
it.  I guess people are already trying to sneak a version of linux
inthere.  I am hanging out for the clones. every phone and computer
manufacterer will be making one of these soon.