[clug] Vaguely off topic: iPeds and other Android tablets - availability and comparisons to that Apple one

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 20:58:05 MDT 2010

On 4 August 2010 12:48, Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au> wrote:

> On 04/08/2010, at 12:16 , Lana Brindley wrote:
>
> > That's a deal breaker for me, even if I had at any point thought I might
> buy
> > one. Which I haven't.
>
> What's the point of complaining about the lack of a feature in a device you
> were not interested in to start with?
>
> Here's how your statement sounds to me:
>
> The Komatsu 930-E[1] doesn't have a bluetooth compatible stereo or remote
> central locking.  That's a deal breaker for me, even if I had at any point
> thought I might buy one.  Which I haven't.

Fair point :)

> You could at least complain about how the font rendering is blurry
> (traditional Apple vs World argument), it doesn't support multitasking, has
> a closed source philosophy, or doesn't contribute to the Free/Open Source
> Community.

Yeah, I don't like those things either. But I wasn't going to buy one,
anyway ;)

Cheers! Lana

Quarrel? Nonsense; we have not quarreled. If one is not to get into a rage
sometimes, what is the good of being friends?
  - George Eliot

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information.