[clug] Picking a VM for Debian servers: KVM/Qemu, XEN or VirtualBox

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Fri Apr 30 08:58:15 MDT 2010

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010, steve jenkin wrote:

> I'd dearly like to run 'containers' alongside these VM's as well.
> There are some references to Promox (?) and Opennode supporting KVM and
> OpenVZ together. [and saw a sideways ref to recursive KVM]

I've run OpenVZ at various sites for a number of years.  I've
successfully run it on the same server with VMWare Server, VirtualBox and
QEMU on Debian 4/5.

You can also run OpenVZ on a virtual server (including a Xen virtual
server).  This isn't as strange as it might first sound.

Rob

Email: robert at timetraveller.org
IRC: Solver
Web: http://www.practicalsysadmin.com
Open Source: The revolution that silently changed the world