[clug] solar cells

keiths keiths at apex.net.au
Sat Apr 24 17:33:03 MDT 2010

On Wednesday 21 April 2010 10:28:24 > Felix Karpfen commented : > My other
complaint against solar-cell electricity (not previously voiced) > is that
it is stunningly inefficient. How much energy is consumed in manufacturing
solar cells? I once read somewhere that it is much the same as they produce
in an average life. > the best (and cheapest) way to cut
electricity-generated greenhouse > gas emissions is to reduce demand. -
perhaps by curbing population growth? A possibility that even Kevin Rudd is
now finding he has to face.