[clug] iSCSI and shared filesystems

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Fri Apr 23 06:38:16 MDT 2010

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010, Daniel Pittman wrote:

>> I'm interested in how you set up a Linux-based iSCSI "host" (I think
the
>> terms are different here?). I know my Windows systems can mount drives
from
>> an iSCSI server, but looking around leads to software with large
price-tags.

>> I have not done this myself, but the folks I know who have used
>> iscsitarget http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=iscsitarget

I serve my media centre's root filesystem over iscsi - amongst other
things.

Would people like a demonstration on how to set this up at some future
CLUG meeting?  I assure you that modern Fedoras and Ubuntus make the
process pretty easy from the client perspective.

>        Daniel

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.