[clug] OT: Solar power recommendations and advice

Alastair D'Silva alastair at newmillennium.net.au
Tue Apr 20 23:20:12 MDT 2010

Yes, thin film in Australia hasn't yet had sufficient demand to really take
off - the ones that are on the market (like Unisolar) are more expensive as
they have "special" properties like being flexible, producing more real
power over time (they don't derate as much as traditional cells), etc.

If you want thin film panels, the cheapest way to get hold of them is to
import them - alibaba.com is your friend for that :) You just need enough
friends who also want them to meet the minimum order quantity from the
manufacturer.

--
Alastair D'Silva           mob: 0423 762 819
Networking Consultant      fax: 0413 181 661
skype: alastair_dsilva     msn: alastair at d-silva.org
blog: http://alastair.d-silva.org