[clug] [For Sale] Free to a good home HP DL385

Neil Muller nmuller at australianethical.com.au
Tue Apr 20 18:44:03 MDT 2010

Hi everyone,

We have a 4 year old HP DL385 with 2*Opteron 280 (2.4Ghz) CPU, 4GB RAM, RAID 5 with 3*72GB 15K SCSI disks to go free to a good home. The server is a 2RU rackmount with rails and a single power supply; it also has iLO on board. The battery on the RAID controller is flat and may or may not recharge itself (so far not!!). It is not quiet.

If anyone is interested would they please give me a call on either of my numbers below. You will need to collect the computer from our office in Bruce, Canberra.

Obviously we are not providing any sort of warranty or guarantee about reliability etc. The computer was originally located in a data centre in Sydney and when it was returned to us it was shipped in a box without packing and had a bit of rough handling on the way; that said it seems to work fine although all I've done is clean up the disks and install Centos.

Neil

--
Neil Muller
IT Manager