[clug] InstallFest on Saturday 26/9 - talk schedule!

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Fri Sep 25 05:19:32 MDT 2009

Hi all,

Pia Waugh has done a superb job organising a schedule of people to give talks
at the InstallFest tomorrow.  There'll be plenty of interesting things to hear
and learn about all day!

1000 - Welcome and explanation of the day - Paul Wayper
1030 -10 reasons why you don't want to install Linux ever - Lana
Brindley
1100 - Explanation of software freedom and open source - Pia Waugh
1130 - Web platforms and tools - Jeff Waugh
1200 - 2D Animation tools - Pia Waugh
1230 - 3D Animation tools - (Blender and such)
1300 - Graphics tools - Pascal Klein
1330 - Audio tools - Paul Wayper
1400 - Using Open Office [*]
1430 - Installing Linux dual boot with Windows [*]

The two talks marked [*] have no speaker yet, so if you think you can talk
about this to a bunch of interested people then we'd welcome you!

Hope to see you there,

Paul

P.S. Can the person who volunteered to do the 3D animation talk please get in
touch with Pia or myself, as we're sorry but we can't remember your name :-)