[clug] Distributed Administration

Alex Satrapa alexsatrapa at mac.com
Thu Sep 24 20:11:09 MDT 2009

On 24/09/2009, at 20:57 , Daniel Pittman wrote:

> Alex Satrapa <alexsatrapa at mac.com> writes:
>> Some ideas I've seen are:
>> - Cluster SSH (http://sourceforge.net/projects/clusterssh/) *
>
> You already said you don't like this, but just to reinforce that:
> this is not
> a software management solution, this is a (bad, IMO) tool for doing
> the same
> thing on multiple machines.

Yes :)

I would view managing multiple hosts using Cluster SSH as a sport in
the same vein as gladiator fights (the old Roman style, where people
actually die).

One of the guys at work has pointed me in the direction of Bryan
McLellan's work involving installing Debian/Ubuntu images from PXE
boot, managing with capistrano and puppet. Should be interesting
reading for the weekend.

Thanks to everyone for the help so far
Alex