[clug] September Canberra Linux Users Group meeting

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 20:39:03 MDT 2009

Hmmm ... I'd bring along my AAO too, since I've b0rked it, but alas! I
have child-minding duties on Thursday night :(

2009/9/22 Jessica Fryer <jessicanumber at gmail.com>:
> How about a HP Pavilion? I can't seem to find the magical config that
> supports wireless and also allows me to get into my Microsoft SBS
> environment for email, VPN etc. And I have had some weird slowness and funny
> crashes even though all the major hardware tools say the lappie itself is
> fine.  I have good hopes for what can be achieved in Slackware!
>
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Denise Bates <dbates at fwi.net.au> wrote:
>
>> chris at christophersmart.com wrote:
>>
>>>        Canberra Linux Users Group Meeting - 24th September 2009
>>>        ========================================================
>>>
>>> Date:           24th September 2009 (Fourth Thursday of the month)
>>>
>>> Time:           19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)
>>>
>>> Speaker:        Dr Denise J Bates
>>>
>>> Abstract:       Slackware is the longest surviving Linux distro, and its
>>>                interface has hardly changed since 1993.
>>>
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> Yes, I will be giving a talk this Thursday. Part of my presentation will
>> involve an installation and configuration of Slackware, as well as a broader
>> discussion of text-based vs. gui interfaces.
>>
>> I propose to demonstrate on one (or more) of my own laptops,unless someone
>> else wants to offer up a machine for a fresh install/config (that would make
>> it more interesting for me). If anyone in the audience wants to try an
>> install on their own, please let me know off-list, and I will run off an
>> extra DVD/CD for you.
>>
>> BTW, if any Mac-owner wants to install Slackintosh, you can also
>> participate. You machine will have to be a new-world G3, any G4, or a
>> PPC-based G5.
>>
>> Even if text-based gynastics aren't your cup of tea, it might be a trip
>> down memory lane for some of you.....
>>
>> --
>> regards,
>>
>> Dr Denise J Bates
>> PO Box 516 Goulburn
>> 02-48216212, 0405678539
>>

>> --

Cheers! Lana

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
  - Abraham Maslow

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more information.