[clug] September Canberra Linux Users Group meeting

Denise Bates dbates at fwi.net.au
Mon Sep 21 20:10:12 MDT 2009

chris at christophersmart.com wrote:
> 	Canberra Linux Users Group Meeting - 24th September 2009
> 	========================================================
>
> Date:		24th September 2009 (Fourth Thursday of the month)
>
> Time:		19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)
>
> Speaker:	Dr Denise J Bates
>
> Abstract:	Slackware is the longest surviving Linux distro, and its
> 		interface has hardly changed since 1993.

Hello folks,

Yes, I will be giving a talk this Thursday. Part of my presentation will involve an installation and configuration of Slackware, as well as a broader discussion of text-based vs. gui interfaces.

I propose to demonstrate on one (or more) of my own laptops,unless someone else wants to offer up a machine for a fresh install/config (that would make it more interesting for me). If anyone in the audience wants to try an install on their own, please let me know off-list, and I will run off an extra DVD/CD for you.

BTW, if any Mac-owner wants to install Slackintosh, you can also participate. You machine will have to be a new-world G3, any G4, or a PPC-based G5.

Even if text-based gynastics aren't your cup of tea, it might be a trip down memory lane for some of you.....

--
regards,

Dr Denise J Bates
PO Box 516 Goulburn