[clug] Evolution email error

Dave Upton dave.upton at y7mail.com
Mon Sep 21 02:25:01 MDT 2009

Hi Cluggers,

Ok I am officially stumped which isn't really too hard to do.

Today I connected to a different (well sort of Virgin to Optus) ISP and got naked DSL as opposed to the Virgin wireless.  Everything worked fine except Evolution email.  It receives or retrieves emails nicely but it won't send them.  If I plug in my old Virgin connection it happily sends the email.  I hadn't changed any settings but have since tried a few different combinations with no luck.  The error message is below:

RCPT TO <email addy> failed: <email addy>: Relay access denied

I can send to the email address from yahoo mail and like I said from Evolution using my old connection.  Any easy to understand ideas/solutions?

Dave