[clug] Heart rate monitors and GNU/Linux

Edward Lang edlang at edlang.org
Sun Sep 20 18:12:35 MDT 2009

Hi,

Anyone locally use a heart rate monitor and read its data using a FOSS
application? I'm interested in some of the higher end Polar / Suunto /
Garmin devices for a variety of sports -- in particular I'd like
cadence graphing for cycling, and GPS mapping for rowing.
SportsTracker[0] seems to be the tool of choice but it only lists its
compatibility with the previous generation of devices, nor does it
indicate one way or another if it supports those features I want.

If someone does know much about this sort of stuff I'd be keen to see
it demonstrated at an upcoming CLUG meeting -- maybe not this month,
but perhaps the next one?

Regards,

Edward.

[0] http://www.saring.de/sportstracker/