[clug] OT: CLUG gets mentioned on Linux Today

Alex Satrapa alexsatrapa at mac.com
Sat Sep 19 19:13:07 MDT 2009

On 19/09/2009, at 21:38 , Brett Worth wrote:

> http://www.linuxtoday.com/infrastructure/2009091803235OPCY

I agree with Simplicissimus on this one - righteous indignation and
complaining don't accomplish much. If someone is being mistreated (and
by "someone" I'm referring to a concrete example, not an abstract
concept) or offended, take action.

If someone is being treated nicely, make sure the protagonist is
rewarded (even a "thankyou" is a significant reward).

And remember that there is always some imaginary "someone" who will
take offense at anything, since you can easily imagine such a person
for any situation. So don't take action based on some abstract
conceptual "someone", otherwise you'll end up spending the rest of
your life tilting at windmills.

I eagerly await the promised follow-up article.

Alex