[clug] Scope of list

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Wed Sep 16 22:10:57 MDT 2009

Keith Goggin <keith.goggin at bigpond.com> writes:
> Randall Crook wrote:
>
>> Amount of traffic? That's what the delete button's for.. or the
>> unsubscribe function...
>>
>> I would much rather be inclusionary (SP?) than exclusionary when it
>> comes to discussions of Linux and FOSS... And location should be
>> irrelevant for clug, as it is for FOSS itself. That's what the internet
>> is about, making geographic location transparent. The more the merrier I
>> say.
>
> OK I've got a great recipe for Kangaroo Curry, would the list really be
> interested in that?  Perhaps not.

Other technical groups I have been involved with have discussed cooking; in
one case a cookbook of sorts was produced.[1]  I would be interested in the
recipe, but I don't know that it is necessarily the ideal place for it.

> So can we agree that the line needs to be drawn some where?

Probably.  Agreeing where is harder. ;)

        Daniel

PS: Would it be inappropriate if it was paired with a discussion that included
technical issues, say recipe management software for Linux?

PPS: Does anyone know of any recipe management software for Linux that isn't
completely dreadful, and which provides a web interface to the content, and
the facility to heavily customize the "output for print" process?

Footnotes:
[1]  No longer being a University student I suspect I couldn't eat anything in
     it these days, but still....

   Looking for work?  Love Perl?  In Melbourne, Australia?  We are hiring.