[clug] Scope of list (was An alternate place for longer, meandering threads?)

Nemo clug at nemo.house.cx
Wed Sep 16 21:47:54 MDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:15:38PM +1000, Robert Edwards did utter:
> Robert Edwards wrote:
> >
> >A thought of mine (so I'll fork a new thread...):
> >
> >CLUG is the Canberra Linux Users Group, by which _I_ understand:
> > - Canberra and surrounding region (Southern NSW)
> > - Linux and all other FOSS and all aspects thereof
> > - Users, developers, admins, enquirers, beginners, newbies etc.
> > - Group (whatever that means)
> >

> So this idea has been out in the wild for 24 hours now and it
> appears not to have gained much support, so I'll hereby retract
> it and apologise to anyone from outside the Canberra area for any
> feelings of unwelcomeness.

Given alot of people reacted the same (myself included) to this, yet
were rebuffed by you as misinterpreting your words, can I take a moment
to ask...

Is this an AND or an OR list? (esp re: 'Canberra' and 'Linux')

Because I read it as AND, but your later emails imply that OR is closer
to what you intended.

yes/no/have a banana?

.../nemo