[clug] Scope of list

Nemo clug at nemo.house.cx
Wed Sep 16 21:42:38 MDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 11:46:12AM +1000, Keith Goggin did utter:
> Randall Crook wrote:
> >Amount of traffic? That's what the delete button's for.. or the
> >unsubscribe function...
> >
> >I would much rather be inclusionary (SP?) than exclusionary when it
> >comes to discussions of Linux and FOSS... And location should be
> >irrelevant for clug, as it is for FOSS itself. That's what the internet
> >is about, making geographic location transparent. The more the merrier I
> >say.
> >
> >Just my 2c worth.
>
> OK I've got a great recipe for Kangaroo Curry, would the list really be
> interested in that?
>
> Perhaps not.

Perhaps. It's not too hard to imagine a scenario where this would be
appropriate. (say: a push to improve the cooking skills of geekboys so
we can impress the geekgirls more[11]. Or simply a 'christmas BBQ' thread :)

Which isn't to say it'd be on topic anything but rarely... my point is
that what is topical is a fuzzy cloud with a strong central bias on the
twin tags of 'linux' and 'canberra'.

> So can we agree that the line needs to be drawn some where?

What we demand are rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty

:)

.../Nemo

[11] no, you can't install a beowulf cluster on a Kangaroo curry...