[clug] [OT] Scope of list (was An alternate place for longer, meandering threads?)

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Wed Sep 16 03:29:24 MDT 2009

I marked this [OT] to indicate it (my part) to be non technical, as
a clue for some weary readers to skip it.

I read the longish (so far) thread and see that a few people took this
opinion stronger than I did.

Nobody is sent away. It just says that clug has a focus. I thought it
is self evident.

I then looked at the lists I read or participate in, and can say that
I am not subscribed to any other "local" list. I am on this list due
to my being local, knowing some of the people and at times meeting
them too.

I do prefer technical subjects to most others. I pay more attention
to postings from local people (or others I know). As an IT professional
I am not so much just a "user", and I see our PCUG a forum for a much
wider focus of users.

cheers
	Eyal

n.b. Bob, in a later post I read your asking for 'evidence'. Don't
do that - some people are offended by such a direct approach :-)

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)