[clug] Scope of list (was An alternate place for longer, meandering threads?)

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue Sep 15 20:10:21 MDT 2009

A thought of mine (so I'll fork a new thread...):

CLUG is the Canberra Linux Users Group, by which _I_ understand:
  - Canberra and surrounding region (Southern NSW)
  - Linux and all other FOSS and all aspects thereof
  - Users, developers, admins, enquirers, beginners, newbies etc.
  - Group (whatever that means)

So this mailing list should be targetted at people satisfying those
criteria. Esp. the first one... this list is for people who live in
Canberra and the surrounding region or who attend CLUG meetings (main
meetings, PSIGs, Installfests, SFDs etc.). People who have been
involved in CLUG in the past but are no longer in the Canberra and
surrounding region are welcome to contribute, but please temper your
posts to maybe just one per topic, maybe directing us to a similar
thread on another mailing list.

Anyone else can listen in.

If anyone wants to start another mailing list, they are welcome to.
Please clearly indicate who you think your target audience is.

There are several other extant lists that people here can subscribe to/
listen in on. Such as the various LUV and Humbug lists, Linux Australia
etc.

I can say that there are over 650 people on this list, but in the past
2 weeks more than twice as many people have unsubscribed as have
subscribed... this is clearly not sustainable...

These are just my thoughts on this issue.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.