[clug] What's Your Favourite FOSS Project?

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 01:59:12 MDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 9:08 AM, jm <jeffm at ghostgun.com> wrote:
> What is your favourite FOSS project that you're involved in?

Well, I'd be hard pressed to pick between Xena and DPR.

http://xena.sourceforge.net
http://dpr.sourceforge.net

> Why is it your favourite project?

They are awesome pieces of brilliantly engineered open source
software, created by a passionate team of experts to address world
scale problems.

> What's your involvement? (programming, packaging, testing, documentation,
> etc)

Oh, um, I'm the project lead. :-)

> How often do you work on the project?

Only on weekdays.

> How many hours do you put in?

Most of them.

Yes, it's my day job @APS EL1[0].

> Any other comments you'd like to make?

Yes, you overloaded my spelling and grammar checker (me).

--
MC
[0] For non public sector persons, that's Australian Public Service