[clug] Software Freedom Day 2009 - this Saturday!

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Mon Sep 14 21:59:35 MDT 2009

Hi all!

Software Freedom Day 2009 is this Saturday the 19th of September.  We're
running two events in Canberra as part of that, and we'd love people to be
involved.  Details and more are available on
http://softwarefreedomday.org/teams/Canberra

The first one is a stall at the Computer Fair at the Bus Depot Markets.  It
starts at 10AM but it'd be great if you can get there from 9AM on to help set
up.  Daniel Black (dragonheart at gentoo.org) is the coordinator for this.
Please register your name on the SFD wiki or email Daniel or myself if you're
able to come along.

The second one is an Installfest at the ANU CSIT N101 room (the regular
meeting room).  Like the computer fair stall, it starts at 10AM and finishes
at 3PM and if you can get there earlier that'd be great.  I'll be there for
the morning and once again if you can email me or add your name to the SFD
wiki if you're coming that'd be great.  We'd also *LOVE* people to advertise
this at their work, clubs, friends parties, paisley conventions, and whatever.

The fundamental purpose of Software Freedom Day is to advertise the benefits
of Free Open Source Software to the wider community.  We believe that using
FOSS can make a significant difference - it's cheaper, it's legal to share it
around, it often works together really well, and it's multiplatform, among
other benefits.  This is about all FOSS - everything from Firefox to
OpenOffice to Wesnoth to Linux and beyond.

Thanks in advance,

Paul