[clug] An alternate place for longer, meandering threads? [SEC=PERSONAL]

Roppola, Antti - BRS Antti.Roppola at daff.gov.au
Sun Sep 13 19:57:20 MDT 2009

I strongly agree with risks of overly compartmentalising lists.

Perhaps some gentle guidelines for people to recognise warning signs of
debates that are bogging down?

And I do mean guidelines. In general, the open mandate makes for a much
more interesting list.

I am reminded of an old UseNet axiom about post value being inversely
proportional to the length of a thread.

Cheers,

Antti