[clug] Open Source Software's Dirty Little Secret

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sun Sep 13 02:22:44 MDT 2009

Everyone,

The more I read this thread the less I see how it is related to clug.

We know the drill about discrimination, privilege, women status etc.. There really
is no dispute there these days. We all agree, so why argue?

But this has nothing to do with suggesting that clug is actively guilty of
such. If this is claimed then it needs to be backed up by evidence.

Or we can stay on FOSS in general (leave clug alone) and everyone can look at
their involvement in FOSS and see if they are (or their project is) guilty of
any of these offences.

Many of the people that frequent clug are involved in FOSS projects, some
large and long running ones. What is your experience with women in these
projects, either +ve or -ve?

cheers
	Eyal

--