[clug] An alternate place for longer, meandering threads?

Andrew Loughhead andrew.loughhead at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 23:31:37 MDT 2009

Andrew Janke wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 12:14, steve jenkin <sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>
>> We may have lost Ben, James and Conrad from the list...
>> But their departure raises an issue.
>>

> The 'm' key is there in gmail for a reason. (Mute).
>
> I don't know of a single mail client that doesn't support a similar
> feature including PINE when I used to use it eons ago.

Thunderbird doesn't appear to have such by default.  There is a "Right
Click Ignore Watch" extension though, which I've installed and will
probably use in future.  Not because I disapprove of such threads, but
because reading clug is part of leisure time for me, and that is
severely limited.  Even writing these seven lines has been interspersed
with supervising potty time, cajoling hand washing, providing afternoon
tea, and cleaning up the kitchen in preparation for baby being woken
up.  Way earnest mailing list postings just have no chance of cutting
though that life noise - as well intended and socially important as they
probably are.