[clug] An alternate place for longer, meandering threads?

Grant Baldwin Grant.Baldwin at anu.edu.au
Sat Sep 12 22:26:31 MDT 2009

> To some list members, these contentious issues are significant and
> interesting. But the lack of response/engagement by 'the silent
> majority' seems to say it's of peripheral interest, at best, to most
> listers.

And most listers are quite capable of filtering out things they have no
interest it; the delete key works wonderfully in these cases. There is
sufficient variety coming through this list that I would be highly surprised
if it was all of interest to any majority.

Censoring subjects you find uncomfortable isn't going to make it any better,
it's just going to create more busy work someone has to do.