[clug] Open Source Software's Dirty Little Secret

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 06:56:51 MDT 2009

I just don't care...  Does that make me a bad person?  I don't do
Linux/FOSS to meet women (which as a life strategy, is just as well,
as it turns out).  I don't do it for the blokes either.  I do it to
get my bloody computer to work.  That, and to stick it to a certain
unnamed software conglomerate.  And I appreciate and value *anyone*
who helps me do it.

Having said that, I think encouraging female participation in CLUG is
a good thing.  I have noticed, proportionally, they do not eat as much
of the pizza as the blokes.

jim (unreconstructed bloke)