[clug] Open Source Software's Dirty Little Secret

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Thu Sep 10 02:59:27 MDT 2009

I'll bite then, Jessica,

If I read this correctly then you are suggesting that somehow men and women
bring something else to the party. I thought that an earlier thread attempted
to establish that there is equality of skills that should lead to equality
of participation (and lamented it not being so, mainly blaming men).

I actually agree with you. Men and women, as a generalization, do have
differences (beyond the obvious) which often make them pick different
fields of interest, different roles and different passions. But YMMV.

What do I want women to bring to FOSS? Same as from anyone else: whatever
you enjoy and are good at. Play to your strengths.

Do I want more women participating? No I don't. They will if they want
and will stay away if they don't. FOSS is not different than any other
social situation where equal participation is rarely found.

cheers
	Eyal

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)