[clug] Travel to LCA2010

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Wed Sep 9 22:17:36 MDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 02:13:48PM +1000, Robert Edwards wrote:
> Michael Still wrote:
>> Robert Edwards wrote:
>>> Anyone started thinking about travel to LCA2010 (in Wellington, NZ) yet?
>>> Any value in trying to organise a group travel booking? When should we
>>> start planning such a thing?
>>
>> Yeah, I've been thinking about it. It seems like flights to Wellington
>> are a lot more expensive than those to Auckland, although I am told its
>> about a 9 hour drive in between.
>>
>> Mikal
>
> How long between Auckland and Wellington in a
> Dragon^H^H^H^H^H^HPenguinboat? (sorry - I just had to ask).
>
> If you want to fly into Auckland and then drive down to Wellington,
> I'd be happy to go halves/thirds/whatever. Presumably we would keep the
> car for the week and drive it back again at the end?
>
> We could plan to visit Mt. Taranaki/Egmont
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Taranaki/Egmont ) on the way down
> or back and Rotorua in the other direction... Need to give ourselves
> an extra day or so each way, I guess.

Or an extra week. Walk the Tonariro crossing one day, mountain bike Taupo
another day. Mountain bike rotarua 4 more days. A day of touristy stuff in
there somewhere.

	See You
	    Steve

... who may have different priorities for recreation than some people...

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
i make such a good statistic, someone should study me now