[clug] Travel to LCA2010

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 9 22:13:48 MDT 2009

Michael Still wrote:
> Robert Edwards wrote:
>> Anyone started thinking about travel to LCA2010 (in Wellington, NZ) yet?
>> Any value in trying to organise a group travel booking? When should we
>> start planning such a thing?
>
> Yeah, I've been thinking about it. It seems like flights to Wellington
> are a lot more expensive than those to Auckland, although I am told its
> about a 9 hour drive in between.
>
> Mikal

How long between Auckland and Wellington in a
Dragon^H^H^H^H^H^HPenguinboat? (sorry - I just had to ask).

If you want to fly into Auckland and then drive down to Wellington,
I'd be happy to go halves/thirds/whatever. Presumably we would keep the
car for the week and drive it back again at the end?

We could plan to visit Mt. Taranaki/Egmont
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Taranaki/Egmont ) on the way down
or back and Rotorua in the other direction... Need to give ourselves
an extra day or so each way, I guess.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.