[clug] Travel to LCA2010

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 9 20:22:50 MDT 2009

Robert Edwards wrote:
>> Anyone started thinking about travel to LCA2010 (in Wellington, NZ) yet?
>> Any value in trying to organise a group travel booking? When should we
>> start planning such a thing?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Bob Edwards
>
> Steve Hanley has just ruled out a group kayak across the pond - sorry
> to disappoint any keen kayakers... But a group Dragonboat is still an
> option...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bob Edwards.

Of course, if we were to go in the Dragonboat, the next question is
whether to carry it over the Great Dividing Range and dump it into the
Shoalhaven and paddle from there, or to go down the Molonglo into the
Murrumbidgee and on into the Murray, with the distinct probability
that we would end up having to carry it quite some way anyways due to
the drought. And we'd have to watch out for Sydney-Hobart yachts as
we came out of Bass Strait, not to mention any bulk carriers that
might bump into us at 2:30 in the morning.

And we'd have to find a Dragonboat with a Tux as the figurehead (a
Penguinboat?). Hmmm, maybe the Dragonboat idea won't work after all.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.