[clug] Open Source Software's Dirty Little Secret

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 18:01:46 MDT 2009

Without in any way wanting to restart the flame fest we had recently
over the topic of women in Open Source, I did want to share this
article with the list:

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/12068_3838186_2/Sexism-Open-Source-Softwares-Dirty-Little-Secret.htm

It is an interesting analysis of women involved in FOSS vs other IT,
and also proposes some things that could be changed in order to foster
more female involvement. It's a well-written and researched article,
and I got a lot out of it.

If you're not interested in promoting women's involvement in Open
source, or if you think that women don't belong in IT, please don't
click on the link.

Cheers! Lana

Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning
of happiness or have gone stark raving mad.
  - Norm Papernick

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more information.