[clug] How to connect two Linux boxes? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Alex Satrapa alexsatrapa at mac.com
Sun Sep 6 04:32:59 MDT 2009

On 04/09/2009, at 14:04 , Brad Hards wrote:

> Unfortunately it is broken if you have more than one interface -
> there is no
> way to know which one to use to talk to an address in 169.254.0.0/16.

Though why one would be trying to auto-configure multiple interfaces
is a mystery yet to be solved. If they're all up, you have other
decisions to make such as, "do I route packets? who for? which way? do
I apply NAT rules, or do I allow both networks see each other?"

Best to leave ZeroConf "broken" IMHO.

Alex