[clug] RPM verify installed files

David Schoen dave at lyte.id.au
Wed Sep 2 03:48:06 MDT 2009

Hi y'all,

I'm mid way through getting Fedora 11 working for the first time and
was having some problems with getting wireless working.

/sbin/dhclient was segfaulting on the wifi interface. I copied
dhclient from the livecd and did "yum upgrade -y". It's working now
but because I was slack about testing it (and also keeping copies of
the original/livecd/etc binaries) I have no idea if /sbin/dhclient is
the one from the livecd still or got upgraded somewhere along the way
and as such don't know if it's still worth lodging a bug report.

I've had a bit of a play hoping that "rpm -qf /sbin/dhclient" or
something similar would tell me if the file was the one actually
installed by the rpm, but it doesn't.

Does anyone know if/how to actually verify that the file on disk is
the same file that would actually be installed by the rpm for
non-config files?

Cheers,
Dave

--
High Availability - You'd have to be High to think this is Available