[clug] Xubuntu 9.04 Places->Download Menu

Jeff smee.heee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 01:25:09 MDT 2009

> By default, "Places->Download" opens up the file browser pointing to
> Desktop.
>
> I had found some reference on the web to ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs and
> changing the line in there from: XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR="$HOME/Desktop"
> XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR="$HOME/Download"

Further to the above, it seems as though the issue may be related directly to the Thunar file manager.  Thunar has the same "short-cuts" as the Places menu, and clicking on the Download item also displays the Desktop.

I am still unable to determine where this link is being specified.

Again, any help appreciated, and thanks again to those at the CLUG meeting the other night that tried to help.

--
Jeff <smeeheee at gmail.com>