[clug] linux Digest, Vol 82, Issue 21

keith sayers keiths at apex.net.au
Wed Oct 28 05:09:10 MDT 2009

On Monday 19 October 2009 05:00:03 rod peters wrote:

> Of equal concern is what killed the BIOS in the original mobo ?  If it was
> a Win virus, then perhaps anticipate more of the same.

	This point intrigues me - how is it possible?  Something of the sort may be
happening - I hope to have Steve Jenkin here again tomorrow (Thursday) and
discuss recent developments.  I use only Linux to login to the internet but
do then sometimes remove the Linux hard drive and replace it with a Win 98
drive.  Could a virus somehow get from  one to the other?

	Incidentally one reason for making such a switch is disatisfaction with the
Linux database system Base.  Does anyone else use it with whom I might
exchange points of view?