[clug] After the InstallFest is over...

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 18:10:51 MDT 2009

2009/10/21 Alex Satrapa <alexsatrapa at mac.com>:
> On 21/10/2009, at 10:44 , Peter Barker wrote:
>
>> Cheaper $-wise, assuming you're not valuing your time at anything (which
>> may be reasonable).
>
> If you are valuing your time at more than $0/hr, why are you spending so
> much time on the intarwebs?
>
> You don't need to be online to write code, maintain the garden, write your
> novel, redraft a thesis, prepare responses to a dozen emails, or do any
> number of other productive tasks.
>
> So in fact the feeling that you *must* be online all the time means you
> value your time in negative dollars per hour (ie: you feel you need to pay
> someone else for your existence).
>
> Alex

Which is all well and good, but what about those of us who require an
internet connection to be able to do their jobs? If I have no internet
connection, my earning potential is $0/hour. So I put a very high
price on connectivity. Which was fun when I mowed my telephone cable
on the weekend ... (who lays telephone cable over grass, anyway?
Grrr!)

Just sayin' ;)

Cheers! Lana

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
  - Mark Twain

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more information.