[clug] pdflatex regressions?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 05:00:55 MDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 21:47, Daniel Pittman <daniel at rimspace.net> wrote:
>>> And on this note, I'd be interested to know what others use (beyond
>>> ConTeXt!) for this.  Myself I tend to use inkscape and sed for complex
>>> graphics heavy stuff.
>
> The idea had never occurred to me to do that; I *must* keep it in mind for the
> future, if I have graphics-focused rather than text-focused layout to do...

For longer (text) documents I tend to play the same games with
scribus. It exports SVG also and page layout of the template is a bit
easier.

Still I have been surprised at what I can achieve with inkscape for
business flyers with custom images and the likes from a web front end
with such a small amount of fuss, sponge[1] comes in most handy here.

[1] apt-get install moreutils