[clug] Dell and "latitude ON" 'instant boot' - no mention of Linux

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon Oct 5 23:05:40 MDT 2009

http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/15/dells-latitude-on-instant-os-detailed-screenshooted/

"Dell's solution, as applied to its newly announced Latitude E4200 and
E4300, features a fully-dedicated, Linux-based system-on-a-chip
subsystem consisting of a low-power ARM processor and flash memory that
runs independent of your laptop's CPU and storage. The OS is based on
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 and includes a Firefox-based browser
with custom email, calendar, and contacts applications, MS Office and
PDF viewers, and all the drivers required to make use of the laptop's
hardware and HSDPA radios -- an Instant Messaging client and browser
support for Flash and Java are in the works."

--
--==--
Steve Walsh