[clug] EXT4 Reliability

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sat Oct 3 17:28:46 MDT 2009

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:56:16 +1000
Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net> wrote:

> On 29/09/09 21:58, Ben Nizette wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 20:38 +1000, Francis Whittle wrote:
> >
> >> That said, I'll tend to go for ext2 for backup media, for
> >> portability.

The EXT4 Reliability thread was interesting. I wondered
why reiserfs didn't get a mention.

Now having been educated on the evils of ext4, I wasn't going to be
caught, no sir! So decided to install Fedora-11 on a ext3 files system.

Inserted the Cd and duly clicked on all the right buttons. When I hit
the *GO* button, a dialog box appeared which said, words to the
effect, "Hey fella, you can't do that, the fs has to be ext4 to match
the CD".

The eyes rolled, and the mouse pointer drifted to Restart. There has to
be better things to do on a Sunday.

Have a nice day

Owen