[clug] Networking slows down to unusable levels until restarted; Fast upon resumption

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sat Oct 3 00:33:28 MDT 2009

<bnc at netspeed.com.au> writes:
> On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 10:42:22 +1000
> Daniel Pittman <daniel at rimspace.net> wrote:
>> <bnc at netspeed.com.au> writes:
>>
>> > Not sure but your problems MAY be traceable back to NetworkManager.
>>
>> Interesting.  I have never run across NetworkManager causing this sort of
>> problem, and would probably have investigated hardware and firmware level
>> issues like faulty cables, or misrouted MSI interrupts, or something.
>>
>> When you have run into problems with NetworkManager causing dropped packets
>> and poor network response, what was the root cause?
>>
>> Did NetworkManager just misprogram the card, causing duplex problems, or
>> was there something deeper at work?
>
> I do not have any specifics, other than every time I have tried to use
> Network Manager my wireless network will not come up.  I have also heard
> that other people have had problems.

Ah.  So, not wired network problems, then?  *nod*  I know lots of people have
had issues with it not doing a great job handling wireless stuff and all, but
not causing wired network problems.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  At least I know there isn't anything
excitingly new that I should watch out for. ;)

        Daniel

   Looking for work?  Love Perl?  In Melbourne, Australia?  We are hiring.