[clug] Networking slows down to unusable levels until restarted; Fast upon resumption

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Fri Oct 2 18:42:22 MDT 2009

<bnc at netspeed.com.au> writes:

> Not sure but your problems MAY be traceable back to NetworkManager.

Interesting.  I have never run across NetworkManager causing this sort of
problem, and would probably have investigated hardware and firmware level
issues like faulty cables, or misrouted MSI interrupts, or something.

When you have run into problems with NetworkManager causing dropped packets
and poor network response, what was the root cause?

Did NetworkManager just misprogram the card, causing duplex problems, or was
there something deeper at work?

        Daniel

   Looking for work?  Love Perl?  In Melbourne, Australia?  We are hiring.