[clug] Networking slows down to unusable levels until restarted; Fast upon resumption

Christopher Giffard christopher.giffard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 19:59:15 MDT 2009

Thanks for the swift response!

As far as a compromised box - nothing's impossible - but the firewall
config is pretty tight, and I keep a close eye on traffic. Postfix
requires authentication. External port scans return nothing suspicious.

I think this is something to do with network cards/drivers, since the
system worked fine with the old network hardware, but I have no idea
how to diagnose the issue.

There's about 2.0MiB of constant traffic currently running through
both NICs (most of that I imagine would be my remote X connection &
gnome-system-monitor.) CPU and memory usage are at normal levels.

http://web11.twitpic.com/img/33437061-e573b5efca21c12bb9a9c4ce112dd882.4ac55d99-scaled.png

Thanks again!

Regards,
Christopher Giffard