[clug] [OT] Canberra/Australia maker community

Alastair D'Silva alastair at newmillennium.net.au
Thu Nov 26 19:04:00 MST 2009

I have been contemplating starting an Australian maker community for a
couple of months now.

I have considered Dorkbot http://dorkbotcbr.wordpress.com/ but their focus
is too artsy for my taste - I prefer projects with more function.

Given the growing interest in CLUG about maker oriented talks such as Peter
& my Laser Engraver & Arduino talks, and now Tridge's coffee roaster, I
think bootstrapping the community via CLUG might be productive.

--
Alastair D'Silva           mob: 0423 762 819
Networking Consultant      fax: 0413 181 661
skype: alastair_dsilva     msn: alastair at d-silva.org
blog: http://alastair.d-silva.org