[clug] fwd: ASIX event next Wednesday

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Thu Nov 26 11:13:18 MST 2009

Hi all,

I thought this might be of interest for some of you :) It'd be cool to get
FOSS tools and principles and I'll be going along.

Cheers,
Pia

----- Forwarded message from Nathanael Boehm <nboehm at purecaffeine.com> -----

Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:38:27 +1000
From: Nathanael Boehm <nboehm at purecaffeine.com>
To: greebo at pipka.org
Subject: ASIX event next Wednesday

Hi Pia,

As you might have seen on Twitter or on my blog I've organised an event for
next Wednesday evening for the Australian Social Innovation eXchange (ASIX)
to follow on from the event Steve and Raul were in town for a few months ago
with the meetup at Parliament House.

In this next stage we'll take a closer look at two selected proposals (which
have been lodged and registered on the ASIX.org.au
<http://asix.org.au/>website) and examine potential technology
options, technical feasibility,
scope of work etc so we're trying to get more developers and technical
people along but still need that to be balanced by designers, project
managers, innovators, people passionate about social innovation - anyone
with something to contribute. For the sake of labelling it we're calling it
a "solution design and architecture" evening.

If this sounds like an even you would like to support, would you mind
promoting it through your connections particularly in the local OSS
community keeping in mind the sort of people we're trying to get involved
and the topics of discussion?

The event registration page is at: http://bit.ly/3IjErM

--- 6:00pm to 9:00pm Wednesday 25 November 2009 ---

Thanks - I appreciate you helping me out here and if you have any questions
please let me know.

Cheers,

Nathanael Boehm

Freelance web user interaction designer

UX · IxD · UI design · Prototyping · HTML · CSS · JS · Usability ·
Accessibility · Social media · Tech training

Imagine Innovation · KATA Professional · UXnet Canberra · OpenAustralia ·
BarCampCanberra

Australian Social Innovation eXchange (ASIX) Canberra

www.purecaffeine.com <http://www.purecaffeine.com/about/>

Canberra, Australia

0409 288 464

Latest blog post: Social experience design in online
conversation<http://bit.ly/1EOfHz>

RSVP <http://bit.ly/1jzs3W> for Canberra Freelancers and Entrepreneurs
Coffee, 23 November
RSVP <http://bit.ly/2mUakd> for Canberra ASIX solution design and
architecture evening, 25 November
RSVP <http://bit.ly/bHic2> for BarCampCanberra 2010, in mid-February

----- End forwarded message -----

Cheers,
Pia

--
OLPC Friends                                         http://olpcfriends.org/
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

    "Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy
      condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness
     experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death,
   life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's
                    Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks