[clug] [OT] Remote control powerboard

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Nov 25 14:38:08 MST 2009

On 24/11/2009, at 12:17 , Rainer Klein wrote:

> There are commercial products.

I ended up picking up a Belkin "Conserve" remote control powerboard that was going cheap. This one even comes with a $250k warranty covering surge damage to products directly connected to the power board.

For my computer desk, I'll probably splurge on a foot-switch powerboard if Bunnings or similar have some left, just to save me reaching all the way under the desk (keyboard trays and my head have a long history of conflict). Though I'm tempted to simply run an extension cord from the computer desk around the room to the spare socket on the Conserve.

It'll pay for itself in about 10 years*. LOL.

Alex

* assuming $10/yr of standby current charged at $0.12/kWh